We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The burning of fossil fuels causes more climate change, so to avoid global warming, reduce your oil consumption.
Fossil fuels are non-renewable materials such as petroleum (oil and gas) and coal. In addition to causing air pollution, burning these fuels releases carbon dioxide into the atmosphere and contributes to climate change. On the other hand, many fossil fuels are reaching their maximum production, which makes their extraction considerably more expensive. Therefore, you probably want to slow down (or end) your consumption of these materials. You can do your part by meeting the “three Rs” (reduce, reuse and recycle), conserve energy and make smart decisions when it comes to transportation.
Here are some ideas to get started:
- Use a bicycle, public transport or carpool when you use it.
- Choose products that are not packaged in plastic and recycle or reuse the packaging.
- Buy organic fruits and vegetables (fertilizers and pesticides are usually derived from petroleum).
- Buy beauty products (shampoo, soap or makeup) made with natural ingredients, not derived from petroleum.
- Choose locally made products. In this way the consumption of fuels used for transport is reduced.
- Use low consume bulbs. Opt for compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) or LED bulbs. These types of light bulbs use an average of 75% less electricity (typically from coal).
- Unplug small appliances and appliances. You may think your coffee maker or computer is off, but they are still plugged into an outlet, thus consuming electricity.
- Turn off the heating and air conditioning. Central air typically uses coal-based electricity.
- He prefers clothing made from organic cotton and not petroleum-based materials.
- Don't leave your car idling. Unless you're in traffic, turn off your engine if you don't plan on moving for 10 seconds or more.
- Don't use disposable items.
- Travel less by plane.
- It demands the use of renewable energies instead of fossil fuels.
- Change your heater for a solar one.
With information from: